At the Scott Morton Workshop
Michael Morton is pleased to offer one-on-one woodworking lessons and fine furniture building at his workshop in Harvard, MA. This is an opportunity to improve your skills, build a small project or create a custom piece of furniture, designed by you, with expert guidance. Bring your ideas and enthusiasm to the workshop and build something exactly the way you want it.
- A piece of furniture you've seen and would really like to build and own
- There's an odd space in your home that needs something built with just the right shape and dimensions
- A project that you've wanted to accomplish but need some help with the details
- Birthday or holiday gifts!
- Just want to do more woodworking and gain confidence with tools.
Sessions are available during the day, evening or weekends. The work shop can handle up to 2 (other) people at once, so bring a friend (or child!) to work together. Sessions are $60 / hour ($75 / hour for 2 adults)*.
Come in for a free consultation to talk about your project and ideas!
* Materials not included. Pricing is for everyone working together on a single project.
What people are saying...
Mike is not only a master craftsman, he is also a great teacher. I was amazed how much we accomplished.
Mike taught me all about wood: how to see the grain and understand what the wood is capable of. Mike's lessons all really made sense to me and I feel confident that I could build my own table now.
With all the potential options, it's hard to nail down the details! Let's set up a time to get together and review your ideas to create a timeline to success and completion. Maybe you want to build a piece of furniture or just want some input on a project. Or maybe you are interested in woodworking but don't know where to begin. I offer up to 1 hour of free consultation to review and help guide decisions to move forward.
Projects may include:
- jewelry box or humidor
- cutting board, coasters or knife rack
- picture frame or mirror frame
- coffee table, side table or hallway table
- trunk or blanket chest
- whatever else you dream of!
A Visit To Your Shop?
Would you like some help in your own shop?
I love to talk about tools, shop layout and uses. My own shop is constantly evolving as I add in new tools or ideas to help my workflow. Maybe you have questions on how to use a tool or technique? Or what are the best tool(s) for an upcoming project? Or just curious about potential layouts and design for your own shop.
Let's schedule a visit to your shop and discuss together.